Sunday, January 20, 2013

Waiting Impatiently

I tap my foot and drum my fingers, gazing every few minutes at the clock. Another minute passes by. Then another. And another. I look to the heavens expectantly as the ever ticking clock clicks on. Waiting.... and waiting.... and waiting. Anxiety makes my whole body jittery, like when you drink four cups of coffee on an empty stomach. Still, the merciless second hand ticks on, and I'm still waiting.

Waiting is the hardest thing to do when I feel like I need to be doing something. I have so many ideas of how I could serve God; work I could be accomplishing for Him. I have a lot of free time that could be spent doing good works for Him, but if I don't start today, at this very moment, I'll be old and grey and unable to do anything anymore. I try not to think, "Lord, I know You make Your own plans and reveal them in Your timing, but I need to know now! Time is wasting!"

I'm tempted to breath a sigh of discontentment, when I remember verses like Isaiah 40:31 and Proverbs 3:5-6, which speak about waiting and trusting in the Lord. The God of the Universe has far better plans for me than I do for myself, I simply need to trust Him. True, that is far easier said than done, but His Word promises that if I do it, He will direct me onto the right path. The LORD is so patient with us in our doubt. In the midst of our faith-less-ness, He is faithful.


"WAIT FOR THE LORD; BE STRONG AND TAKE HEART AND WAIT FOR THE LORD"- Psalms 27:14


No comments:

Post a Comment